[OpenAFS] Kindle Editions of OpenAFS documentation

Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR) chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 01 Jun 2011 18:12:00 -0400

In message <87oc2hmo4d.fsf@windlord.stanford.edu>,Russ Allbery writes:
>I'm not sure about the most recent, but older Kindles absolutely will not
>handle ePub.  Also, if the goal is to get it into the Amazon store, I'm
>pretty sure it's going to have to be in MOBI format.

they saw they dont.  but...

>Like I said, though, it doesn't have to be an either/or thing.  Plus, I'll
>point out that all the source is right there, available to you, for you to
>make ePub format documentation.  Knock yourself out.

so docbook provides an alpha/beta util for going from docbook to epub,
dbtoepub.  i ran this on an older copy of the .xml of the useruide
to get an .epub and then converted with mobipocketreader to .prc.

i copied this over to my kindle and it looks pretty good, fonts looke
right and the links work like they should.   files are in my public
afs space.

/afs/cmf/public/chas/auusg000.epub
/afs/cmf/public/chas/auusg000.prc