[OpenAFS] Help: fs exa /afs: connection time out

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 2 Jun 2011 07:04:26 -0400

> I noticed that in an OpenAFS client I can get the information well.
>
> [root@client1 ~]# fs exa /afs
> File /afs (536870912.1.1) contained in volume 536870912
> Volume status for vid = 536870912 named root.afs
> Current disk quota is unlimited
> Current blocks used are 4
> The partition has 1995424 blocks available out of 2064208

> But on another client I got connection time out error message.
>
> [root@client2 /]# fs exa /afs/
> fs:'/afs/': Connection timed out

dynroot enabled? if so, it's not a real afs volume. it's effectively
an automounter virtual volume that the client makes up on the fly.

> So could anyone show me how to fix that?

it's not broken. it's not a volume, so there's nothing to return.

--
Derrick