[OpenAFS] Kindle Editions of OpenAFS documentation

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 02 Jun 2011 10:51:48 -0700

Brandon Allbery <allbery.b@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 13:40, David Boyes <dboyes@sinenomine.net> wrote:

>> To do that, you have to use a non-Kindle format, and ePub (a superset
>> of PDF) is the most widely accepted.

> ePub is a subset of XHTML, not a superset of PDF (which is related to
> PostScript).

> (FWIW I've been playing with translating the HTML docs to ePub, and
> I'l see what calibre can do about translating the result to Mobipocket
> afterward.)

Starting with the HTML docs is probably not a great idea, since those are
always generated from other stuff.  The approach of using Docbook tools to
generate ePub is probably best for the manuals.  For the man pages, I bet
someone has written a POD to ePub converter.

http://search.cpan.org/dist/App-Pod2Epub/bin/pod2epub looks promising.