[OpenAFS] Help: Client side permission denied when access the volume

Fabien COMBERNOUS fcombernous@kezia.com
Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:35:27 +0200

On 10/06/2011 15:11, Lee Eric wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi
> I created a user home dir at /afs/herdingcat.internal/home/huli and
> this dir UNIX permission listed as below.
>

> [root@server ~]# ls -l /afs/herdingcat.internal/home/
> total 2
> drwx------. 2 huli users 2048 Jun  9 04:52 huli
> [root@server ~]# id huli
> uid=501(huli) gid=100(users) groups=100(users)
>
> And I also created the user "huli" and the group "users" by using pts utility.
>
> [root@server ~]# pts membership huli
> Groups huli (id: 501) is a member of:
>    users
> [root@server ~]# pts membership users
> Members of users (id: -208) are:
>    huli
>
> And what I want to accomplish is the user "huli" can only access his
> own home dir and can write files in his home dir. Here's the ACLs I
> set in every dir.
> [root@server ~]# fs listacl /afs
> Access list for /afs is
> Normal rights:
>    system:administrators rlidwka

UNIX permissions are not used at all in /afs. Openafs acl are mandatory.
In your example, only group system:administrators can do something at
the root of the openafs fs.

And so it is normal, if huli is not in this group, you get
> [root@server ~]# ls /afs/
> ls: cannot open directory /afs/: Permission denied

Regards,
--
*Fabien COMBERNOUS*
/unix system engineer/