[OpenAFS] Deploying OpenAFS on VMs

Jaap Winius jwinius@umrk.nl
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:31:01 +0200

Quoting Coy Hile <coy.hile@coyhile.com>:

> I have a question about deployment of OpenAFS on VMWare.  Assume for
> the sake of argument that one has a requirement to deploy OpenAFS on
> VMs -- to include deploying his fileservers as VMs.  Has anyone
> actually done that sort of deployment?

Well, I have something similar that costs less. I run a site with
three OpenAFS db/file servers, each running on a KVM virtual machine.
The disk space used for each one consists of a set of dedicated LVM
logical volumes. It all works fine and is completely stable, although
it's probably not a recipe for high performance. Luckily, in my case
that's not necessary.

Cheers,

Jaap