[OpenAFS] Re: 1.6.0pre6 for RHEL

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:11:27 -0500

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:55:35 +0000
Coy Hile <coy.hile@coyhile.com> wrote:

> I'm interesting in deploying DAFS when I deploy a new test cell.  My
> fileservers will be running CentOS 5 (or 6 if 6 actually becomes
> sometime between now and when hell freezes over.)  Is there any ETA
> when RHEL5 RPMs will be available?  Or, failing that, is there a
> publicly available spec file that I could use without much trouble to
> spin up my own such RPMs.

I believe RPMs will be made available soon, but the means to make your
own are in the source. In the released source tarball, there's a script
called src/packaging/RedHat/makesrpm.pl. If you run

makesrpm.pl <source tarball.tar.bz2> <doc tarball.tar.bz2>

it will generate an SRPM that you can then build RPMs from.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net