[OpenAFS] Microsoft Security Hot Fix MS11-043 breaks OpenAFS client

Mag. Mike B. Kerber michael.kerber@univie.ac.at
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 18:28:35 +0200

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 10:40:28 -0700
> From: Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@your-file-system.com>
> To: OpenAFS <OpenAFS-info@openafs.org>
> Subject: [OpenAFS] Microsoft Security Hot Fix MS11-043 breaks OpenAFS client
> At this time I have no knowledge of what changes were made to the
> Microsoft SMB redirector and in what manner the OpenAFS SMB Server
>
> The OpenAFS IFS implementation is not quite ready for broad production
> use but it may be the only option available to the community at this time=
> =2E
>
> Further information to follow on a possible rushed release cycle for the
> IFS functionality to the general public in its current state.
>
> Jeffrey Altman

Dear

Jeffrey Altman!

 Thanks for the warning/update. If it helps we could offer to test the
IFS implementation if it helps getting it more stable.
Are there any pre-release versions of the client available  that doe not
require own compilation.

In any case thanks for all the work so far!

all the best

-mike