[OpenAFS] Re: Solaris 10 deadlock issue

omalleys@msu.edu omalleys@msu.edu
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:25:09 -0400

Quoting Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net>:

> On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:21:59 -0400 (EDT)
> Andy Cobaugh <phalenor@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can someone summarise which kernel versions / solaris updates and
>> openafs versions are affected?
>
> Someone at the conference mentioned some specific patch levels... I
> think they're in Tom Kula's notes. But those were guesses, I believe; we
> haven't gone through all of the patches and seen where it starts
> occurring.
118855-36 and openafs 1.4.10 is where I started to see issues.
However, a coworker was also screwing around on the systems and
another was remotely putting them to sleep.

I also saw issues on Solaris 8/sparc with 1.4.12 and ended up
reverting to 1.4.8 which was the previous stable and I didn't see
these issues.

I was seeing a variety of other issues, where the afs access wasn't
locking up, but inetd was locked up like it was attacked (and it may
have been), however this happened on solaris containers, and it only
affected the single container instance not the host where the client
actually lives.

Off the top of my head, some of the kernel changes affected the
security policy (unable to even disable it), the name services
(dns/username lookups) and the built-in kerberos mechanism.

Im actually kind of wondering if there is a memory leak in there somewhere.