[OpenAFS] File server memory requirements

Jaap Winius jwinius@umrk.nl
Mon, 20 Jun 2011 00:38:47 +0200

Quoting "Matt W. Benjamin" <matt@linuxbox.com>:

> ... If you're not already setting a million or so, for rw file
> service, you might consider increasing that parameter.

It looks like it would be possible to increase that parameter by using
the "fileserver" command along with, say, the -L option. First I'd
delete the current file server process and then recreate it with, for
instance:

    # bos create -server afs1.example.com -instance fs -type fs   \
         -cmd "/usr/afs/bin/fileserver -L" \
         /usr/afs/bin/volserver /usr/afs/bin/salvager

But, to see if I this is necessary, how can I tell what the (maximum)
number of callbacks is that my fileserver is actually setting?

Cheers,

Jaap