[OpenAFS] Installing OpenAFS 1.6.0pre6 on Snow Leopard (MacBookPro2,2) not working

John Tang Boyland boyland@cs.uwm.edu
Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:20:06 -0500

Today after not using OpenAFS for a few weeks (after at least one restart
when I increased RAM from 2GB to 3GB),
I noticed that OpenAFS wasn't working: /afs was empty.  "fs checks"
didn't report any problems.  kinit/aklog worked just fine.

I tried restarting OpenAFS manually using:
$ sudo /Library/StartupItems/OpenAFS/OpenAFS
Password:
Starting OpenAFS
Starting afsd
afsd: Error calling AFSOP_CACHEINODE: not configured

So that sounds like somehow the configuration got trashed, so
I downloaded 1.6.0pre6 and started installing it.
It has been sitting at:
	Running package scripts...
	Installation time remaining: about a minute.
That was an hour ago, and it's still at the same point.

Is there any way to tell where it's stuck?  It faster to cc me
in a reply since I get openafs-info in digest form.

Best regards,
John