[OpenAFS] Installing OpenAFS 1.6.0pre6 on Snow Leopard (MacBookPro2,2) not working

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Wed, 22 Jun 2011 00:02:48 -0400

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 4:20 PM, John Tang Boyland
<boyland@pabst.cs.uwm.edu> wrote:
> Today after not using OpenAFS for a few weeks (after at least one restart
> when I increased RAM from 2GB to 3GB),
> I noticed that OpenAFS wasn't working: /afs was empty. =A0"fs checks"
> didn't report any problems. =A0kinit/aklog worked just fine.
>
> I tried restarting OpenAFS manually using:
> $ sudo /Library/StartupItems/OpenAFS/OpenAFS

which shouldn't exist in a 1.6.0pre6 install; afs isn't started that
way now and not for quite some time

sudo rm /Library/StartupItems/OpenAFS/OpenAFS
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.openafs.filesystems.afs.plist

and then reboot.

--=20
Derrick