[OpenAFS] 1.6.0pre6 on snow leopard - hangers

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:23:26 -0400

--------------enigD87EA84BB08237077D57428A

On 6/22/2011 6:07 AM, Rainer Toebbicke wrote:
> I'm having problems after upgrading to 1.6.0pre6 on my iMac, what I get=
 is long timeouts, a directory that only contains ".", "fs checkservers" =
saying=20
> that several servers for a RO I need are down (which is a mistake, at l=
east nobody else thinks they're down and they're perfectly rxdebuggable).=
=20

1.6.0pre* builds are broken at the RX layer.  They can get into a state
in which PING ACKs sent by the server are ignored by the client causing
the connection to stall.  The client then times out and marks the server
down.

http://gerrit.openafs.org/#change,4837 restores things to the way they
were before.   In addition, there are nearly a dozen other commits over
the last couple of days to rx that address the performance issues that
Simon Wilkinson presented on last Friday at the Best Practices Workshop.

Once all of the patches have been submitted to master we will pull them
up to 1.6 and issue a new 1.6.0 pre-release.

Jeffrey Altman