[OpenAFS] Re: 1.6.0pre2 - more vos issues, possible bug

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 1 Mar 2011 20:27:32 -0600

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 18:57:50 -0500 (EST)
Andy Cobaugh <phalenor@gmail.com> wrote:

> This has happened at least once at work on Solaris 10 x86 with a
> .backup volume, as seen above, and at least once on one of my home
> machines on 64bit linux with an RO clone.

The volume was probably deleted during the salvage (it was already gone
by the time of the 'zap -force'), but the fileserver still has the
volume in an 'error' state.

Could you

volinfo /vicepa 536871061
fssync-debug query 536871061

on the fileserver?

I have an idea on why you can't get the volume usable again, but I have
no clue as to what the original inconsistency was that caused the first
salvage.

> I would have included more snippets from FileLog as well, but I have
> the debug level turned up to try to track down a possible

Then you should have some logs mentioning 'FSYNC_com' around 'Tue Mar  1
00:02:25 2011' explaining why we refused to give out the volume.  (You
don't perhaps have that volid header also existing on another partition,
do you?) Not that that should explain the rest of it.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net