[OpenAFS] Guide on howto built from source for debian?

Mag. Mike B. Kerber michael.kerber@univie.ac.at
Wed, 02 Mar 2011 16:08:58 +0100

--------------enig1DC26681C1A3C7FDFD42C258

On 03/02/2011 03:46 PM, openafs-info-request@openafs.org wrote:
> Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 11:37:35 +0100
> From: Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at>
> To: openafs-info@openafs.org
> Subject: [OpenAFS] Guide on howto built from source for debian?
>
> Hi!
>
> For some better testing of gerrit patches I want to get into building=3D=
20
> OpenAFS from source.
> Any one has a guide/link on howto do it "easy" from source on debian=3D=
20
> (stable/unstable) amd64?
http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/doc/maint/Maintenance-pkgbuild.html
=3D> 9.5
http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-build.en.html
http://debathena.mit.edu/packaging/

Basically do an
apt-get source openafs
apt-get build-deb openafs

then replace the stuff in src/ dir with the upstream (git) version and
try a deb rebuild. possibly making some edits in the debian/* files for
dependencies and configuration.
best would be to start from experimental packages as there is the
1.6.0~pre1-1

I did not do that for the openafs so far but for others. So without any
warranties ;)

> Someone mentioned a build script from Russ Albery, any mor info on that=
?

> Thank you.
>
> MfG,
> Lars Schimmer
> --=3D20
> TU Graz, Institut f=3DFCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
> Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
> Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723

good luck!

-mike