[OpenAFS] Re: Large files with 1.6.0pre2

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Sun, 6 Mar 2011 08:38:53 -0500

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 7:32 AM, Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 6 Mar 2011, at 10:46, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
>

>> On 6 Mar 2011, at 03:23, Ryan C. Underwood wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, this was exactly it. =A0Attached patch fixes the issue.
>>
>> Thanks. Pushed to gerrit as http://gerrit.openafs.org/4152
>
> This fails on both Irix and AIX, as they don't have preadv64 and pwritev6=
4. I don't have either of those platforms in front of me, so it's not clear=
 whether the correct thing to do is to just disable positional I/O if pread=
v64 and pwritev64 aren't found, or if the Irix & AIX variants support 64 bi=
t file sizes without having to use the *64 variants.

safest thing to do is disable positional i/o if the p*v64 variants are
not found, and we can investigate further in the future (post 1.6.0)

--=20
Derrick