[OpenAFS] Error 11862791

Ezra Keshet Ezra Keshet <keshet@post.harvard.edu>
Tue, 8 Mar 2011 07:01:16 -0800 (PST)

Dear OpenAFS community,

I returned yesterday from a week-and-a-half long trip to find that my AFS set-up
no longer works.  The AFS icon next to the NIM icon is now broken ("OpenAFS
Service cannot be reached") and obtaining AFS tokens via NIM fails after a long
wait.  Kerberos credentials are obtained almost immediately.  If I use the
afscreds.exe program instead of the NIM, I receive the error 11862791.  Inside
the AFS control panel, everything looks fine -- it says that the Service is
running.  I restarted my computer several times, to no avail.  I was never able
to obtain AFS tokens.

I did some research on this list about the 11862791 error and Windows 7 (I run
Win7 Ultimate).  It did not sound like I had the exact same problem, since most
people reported losing AFS access after network changes, and mine actually did
not work at all.  However, I decide to try upgrading to the latest prerelease
version of OpenAFS, which was supposed to help with the 11862791 problem.  I am
now running 1.5.9902, but the problem persists.

Any suggestions or workarounds would be greatly appreciated, since I do a large
part of my work over AFS.  Also, please let me know if I can provide any further
information.  I do not know if AFS has log files, but given their location, I
could certainly send that info along as well.

Thanks!
Ezra