[Fwd: Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS Backups]

Uee'o Ouihi uouihi@gmail.com
Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:28:06 -0400

--001636283784701960049eb02528

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011, Thomas Smith wrote:

> Teradactyl is _very_ expensive, cost prohibitively so for many. (I
> recently looked at it as a potential replacement [for consolidation]
> for my current backup systems--BackupAFS and Zmanda.)

Seconded. At ${previousJob}, we contacted Teradactyl regarding TiBs and it
was outrageously expensive. ${previousBoss} said it amounted to "information
super-highway robbery." :-)

> I've been using BackupAFS for a few months now and it is working
> pretty well. The initial setup is a bit involved--but once it's up and
> running, it pretty much just works. Definitely worth a look.

Interesting. I'll be checking this out.

U.O.

--001636283784701960049eb02528

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011, Thomas Smith wrote:<br><br>&gt; Teradactyl is _very_ e=
xpensive, cost prohibitively so for many. (I<br>&gt; recently looked at it =
as a potential replacement [for consolidation]<br>&gt; for my current backu=
p systems--BackupAFS and Zmanda.)<br>
 it was outrageously expensive. ${previousBoss} said it amounted to &quot;i=
nformation super-highway robbery.&quot; :-)<br><br>&gt; I&#39;ve been using=
 BackupAFS for a few months now and it is working<br>
&gt; pretty well. The initial setup is a bit involved--but once it&#39;s up=
 and<br>&gt; running, it pretty much just works. Definitely worth a look.<b=

--001636283784701960049eb02528--