[OpenAFS] Opening files read-only when another process has a write-lock

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Fri, 18 Mar 2011 09:48:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Thomas,

Mandatory enforcement is the defined behavior for byte-range locks on Windows.  Since you are testing on Windows, you are seeing the Windows behavior.  The same lock would be interpreted as advisory on a Unix client.

Matt