[OpenAFS] Multiple logins

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs@altum.de
Sat, 19 Mar 2011 08:30:22 +0100

Am 18.03.2011 22:54, schrieb Jaap Winius:

> My site uses OpenAFS and MIT Kerberos with OpenLDAP for user meta data
> (all running on Debian squeeze). Is it possible to prevent users from
> logging in more than once, or at least to prevent them from starting up
> the same desktop environment on multiple hosts with the same account,
> since this usually leads to problems?

No, you can't. Which desktop env. is it that makes problems? Maybe using
another one is an option.

OTOH, why can they start it up on the other host at all? There's no need
to install one in the first place since users can login using ssh with
X11 forwarding and their windows will popup on their local X server display.

And then there's VNC.

HTH...

	Dirk