[OpenAFS] Re: Is it possible to prevent caching local files?

Milan Zamazal pdm@zamazal.org
Wed, 30 Mar 2011 22:16:06 +0200

    HB> However I can see the use of different caching policies for
    HB> different files not only for this use case but for the case of
    HB> "sensitive data" that should never go to the HD as well.

I think this problem is solvable by either using an encrypted partition
for the AFS cache or by storing the original sensitive data in encrypted
directories using virtual file systems such as EncFS or eCryptfs (this
way you prevent some other possible leakages as well).