[OpenAFS] Is it possible to prevent caching local files?

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:44:57 +0200 (CEST)

> Is there a way to instruct the client to use a disk cache for remote
> files and to use a memory cache (or not to use any cache at all) for
> files stored locally?  Or to solve the problem in another way?

I don't think that you can have different caching behaviour for
different classes/groups/whatever of files or chunks in an AFS cache
without a fair amount of programming.

However I can see the use of different caching policies for different
files not only for this use case but for the case of "sensitive data"
that should never go to the HD as well.

Harald.