[OpenAFS] Re: UDP timeouts

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 9 May 2011 09:47:25 -0500

On Fri, 6 May 2011 15:02:47 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> After that, we won't ping the server anymore, but the fileserver still
> has the client's associated host structure in memory, and only pings
> the client every 15 minutes.

...but this is also only if the client still has active callback
promises. Oops.

So, yeah, it's pretty clear this doesn't work unless you set the
timeouts really really high, since we don't guarantee any reasonable
frequency of client<->fileserver communication.

Perhaps should the CheckHost_r fileserver logic be changed to "if the
host has callbacks active, or its accessing from non-7001"? Or better
yet, why don't we rx_SetConnSecondsUntilNatPing for host->callback_rxcon
when the port is non-7001, so you don't need to upgrade all of your
clients to get NAT to work?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net