[OpenAFS] Re: klog.krb5 on mac os x 10.6.8

Salvatore Podda salvatore.podda@enea.it
Fri, 4 Nov 2011 19:00:20 +0100

> To: openafs-info@openafs.org
> From: Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net>
> Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 00:24:47 -0500
> Subject: [OpenAFS] Re: klog.krb5 on mac os x 10.6.8
>
> On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:27:38 +0100
> Salvatore Podda <salvatore.podda@enea.it> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the attention. I have realized to be a little bit generic.
>> The error (also using the `-tmp' flag) is:
>>
>> klog: unknown RPC error (-1765328160) Can't parse principal <xxxxx>
>
> #define KRB5_CONFIG_NODEFREALM                   (-1765328160L)
>
> does it work if you specify -principal xxxx@REALM ? Do you have a
> default realm configured in your krb5.conf (or whatever the OS X
> equivalent is)?

Thanks!

Yes, I have a default realm configured in the file "edu.mit.Kerberos"
which is
the equivalenti of the linux "krb5.conf". I thought that usefull but I
realized the
troubles it can cause. In the case of two separate commands (kinit and
aklog)
you have to declare the `-k' flags in any case, and using `klog.krb5'
command
the only way to make it working, as you pointed out, is the form

klog.krb5 -principal xxxx@REALM -c realm

making in any case useless the definition of a default REALM in the
configuration file.
This is true, at least, for the mac OS X platforms, I never observe
similar problems on
Linux based systems

Regards

Salvatore Podda