[OpenAFS] Use Server volume to hold software to be installed on client machines

Hunter McMillen mcmillhj@gmail.com
Sat, 5 Nov 2011 16:59:50 -0400

--0015174c0dfc46a89804b1031aa6

Hi everyone,

I just got shoved into being a lab administrator for a lab that is set up
with openAFS. And under our current set up anytime someone requests new
software be installed, I have to log into each and every client machine to
download and install the required packages, but there has to be an easier
way.

After reading through some of the documentation I can't seem to find what I
am looking for, but here is what I would like. A volume on a server machine
that I can download packages into then have read-only copies of that volume
on each of the client machines. Then a script can install all of the
packages for me.

Has anyone encountered this issue? If so what would be the best way to
resolve this.

Thanks,
Hunter McMillen

--0015174c0dfc46a89804b1031aa6

istrator for a lab that is set up with openAFS. And under our current set u=
p anytime someone requests new software be installed, I have to log into ea=
ch and every client machine to download and install the required packages, =
but there has to be an easier way.=A0</div>
39;t seem to find what I am looking for, but here is what I would like. A v=
olume on a server machine that I can download packages into then have read-=
only copies of that volume on each of the client machines. Then a script ca=
n install all of the packages for me.=A0</div>
nter McMillen</div>

--0015174c0dfc46a89804b1031aa6--