[OpenAFS] Re: Windows 7 32bit and OpenAFS 1.6.0b and KfW 3.2.2

Kim Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Mon, 28 Nov 2011 23:05:38 +0000 (UTC)

Douglas E. Engert <deengert <at> anl.gov> writes:

> Using OpenAFS 1.6.0b with KfW 3.2.2 on Windows 7 32bit
> on new machines that are joined to the domain.
>
> We are seeing a popup in the task bar when a non privilaged user
> logins saying: "Failed to renew credentials for..."

I'm seeing the same "Failed to renew credentials ..." message across 1.59x, 1.6x
and 1.7x, and credentials do correctly exist -- so the message is superfluous
and probably incorrect.  (Conceivably an attempt to renew credentials does fail;
credentials, however, do exist.)

Kim