[OpenAFS] Bug Submission to OpenAFS

Nathaniel Hatley nathaniel.hatley@gmail.com
Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:30:35 -0400

--0015175d6826ff301604ae66a78b

Good Morning,

I have been working with Jeffrey Altman on various bugs that we've uncovered
on the OpenAFS Redirector with our new environment here at UNC Charlotte.
Given Jeffrey's recent submission of the redirector to the public tree, I
will need to start filing bugs with the OpenAFS bug tracking system.  I have
not participated in OpenAFS' systems before, and would like to know the
correct methods of performing various actions.
For example:  I currently know of a bug that I've experienced that I see an
open ticket for in the bug tracker.  I do not have an account on the
tracker, so I cannot post stating that I have also experienced this issue.
Would this be the correct behaviour?  Or should I just submit an additional
bug to openafs-bugs and reference the previous bug number?

Additionally, to what level of detail should I attempt to give when I submit
bugs?  Typically if it is relevant, I will create procmon logs of the issue
and have them accessible via http.  I also attempt to thoroughly describe
the environment with which I reproduced the issue.

Thank you,
Nathan Hatley

--0015175d6826ff301604ae66a78b

ugs that we&#39;ve uncovered on the OpenAFS Redirector with our new environ=
ment here at UNC Charlotte.=A0 Given Jeffrey&#39;s recent submission of the=
 redirector to the public tree, I will need to start filing bugs with the O=
penAFS bug tracking system.=A0 I have not participated in OpenAFS&#39; syst=
ems before, and would like to know the correct methods of performing variou=
s actions.</p>
at I see an open ticket for in the bug tracker.=A0 I do not have an account=
 on the tracker, so I cannot post stating that I have also experienced this=
 issue.=A0 Would this be the correct behaviour?=A0 Or should I just submit =
an additional bug to openafs-bugs and reference the previous bug number?</d=
iv>
o give when I submit bugs?=A0 Typically if it is relevant, I will create pr=
ocmon logs of the issue and have them accessible via http.=A0 I also attemp=