[OpenAFS] Bug Submission to OpenAFS

Mon, 3 Oct 2011 18:39:36 +0200

--Apple-Mail-1-50362260

Nathan:

Please send bugs via email to openafs-bugs@openafs.org.  The receipt of the e=
mail will generate the ticket in the tracking system.

Please submit as much data as you can without giving away private informatio=
n.  Do not attach large files.  Instead put them somewhere in AFS or elsewhe=
re that is publicly accessible and includevthe location in the report.

Thank you.

Jeffrey Altman

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 3, 2011, at 5:30 PM, Nathaniel Hatley <nathaniel.hatley@gmail.com> wr=
ote:

> Good Morning,
>=20
> I have been working with Jeffrey Altman on various bugs that we've uncover=
ed on the OpenAFS Redirector with our new environment here at UNC Charlotte.=
  Given Jeffrey's recent submission of the redirector to the public tree, I w=
ill need to start filing bugs with the OpenAFS bug tracking system.  I have n=
ot participated in OpenAFS' systems before, and would like to know the corre=
ct methods of performing various actions.
>=20
> For example:  I currently know of a bug that I've experienced that I see a=
n open ticket for in the bug tracker.  I do not have an account on the track=
er, so I cannot post stating that I have also experienced this issue.  Would=
 this be the correct behaviour?  Or should I just submit an additional bug t=
o openafs-bugs and reference the previous bug number?
> =20
> Additionally, to what level of detail should I attempt to give when I subm=
it bugs?  Typically if it is relevant, I will create procmon logs of the iss=
ue and have them accessible via http.  I also attempt to thoroughly describe=
 the environment with which I reproduced the issue.
> =20
> =20
> Thank you,
> Nathan Hatley

--Apple-Mail-1-50362260

 send bugs via email to <a href=3D"mailto:openafs-bugs@openafs.org">openafs-=
bugs@openafs.org</a>. &nbsp;The receipt of the email will generate the ticke=
a as you can without giving away private information. &nbsp;Do not attach la=
rge files. &nbsp;Instead put them somewhere in AFS or elsewhere that is publ=
"mailto:nathaniel.hatley@gmail.com">nathaniel.hatley@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote=
ered on the OpenAFS Redirector with our new environment here at UNC Charlott=
e.&nbsp; Given Jeffrey's recent submission of the redirector to the public t=
ree, I will need to start filing bugs with the OpenAFS bug tracking system.&=
nbsp; I have not participated in OpenAFS' systems before, and would like to k=
now the correct methods of performing various actions.</p>
 I see an open ticket for in the bug tracker.&nbsp; I do not have an account=
 on the tracker, so I cannot post stating that I have also experienced this i=
ssue.&nbsp; Would this be the correct behaviour?&nbsp; Or should I just subm=
it an additional bug to openafs-bugs and reference the previous bug number?<=
/div>
 to give when I submit bugs?&nbsp; Typically if it is relevant, I will creat=
e procmon logs of the issue and have them accessible via http.&nbsp; I also a=
ttempt to thoroughly describe the environment with which I reproduced the is=
sue.</div>
iv>

--Apple-Mail-1-50362260--