[OpenAFS] DA file server on linux 1.6.0rc2: assertion failed: Create

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Thu, 06 Oct 2011 11:46:38 +0200 (CEST)

> Wed Oct  5 16:08:38 2011 ReallyRead(): read failed device 0 inode 7069583278211 errno 5

How was now that procedure again to map fs getfid to something in /vicepa/... and then
look if your file system has inode 7069583278211 or not?

> But this time, when I tried to rename (mv) the directory
> which had the problem, the fileserver crashed:
> Fatal Rx error: assertion failed: Create(&filedir, "..", NewDirFid) == 0, file: ../viced/afsfileprocs.c, line: 4215
>
> When it came back up, the directory where files could not be created
> was empty.  (But the directory in the backup volume still had
> all the files, fortunately.)

> The /vicep* partitions are ext4.  Maybe that's the problem?

Should not be as the fileserver does normal file operations. I hope
you have not had some other process traversing down /vicepa/ and
altering something. And your /vicepa is not full or running out
of inodes or something like that?

> I know 1.6.0rc2 is old, but it's the latest version available
> with the Scientific Linux 6 "yum update".

File a bug report with your distro. rc2 does not give me good vibes.
Btw, compiling and installing the file server from source is not that
difficult at all if your distro is stubborn.

Harald.