[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.6: MacOSX Lion: AFSOP_CACHEINODE: Not configured

John Tang Boyland boyland@uwm.edu
Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:08:09 -0500

[I sent this email to openafs-bugs two weeks ago and got no response.
 Perhaps it was the wrong place to send this info.]

(Originally sent September 15th):
If OpenAFS 1.6.0 (downloaded today off web page) is installed
on one of my student's MacOSX 10.7: Lion, then AFS works fine until the
computer is rebooted, then it reliably fails.  Work around: re-install
after every reboot.  (NB: AFS hangs on reboot once bug has manifested.)

The failure manifests itself as /afs being empty.  kinit/aklog work
fine.  (We have turned on "allow_weak_crypto")
The built-in AFS preference pane (that by default uses klog) freezes
if you try to get a token.

I had the student run launchafs.sh by hand.  It failed with
a message from afsd  AFSOP_CACHEINODE: not configured.

(Update, October 10, 2011)
The problem is still with us; the student has to uninstall reinstall
over and over.

Regards,
John