[OpenAFS] Re: Afs User volume servers in VM's

Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:17:06 -0400

--------------enigE413D0EFFE3A3B4A54443F19

On 10/26/2011 1:55 PM, Renata Maria Dart wrote:
> Hi Jeff, this is our old problem which we have suffered from
> since day 1.  It is multiple clients all writing to one file
> or one directory at the same time.  The threads on the server
> plummet and waiting processes start backing up. =20
>=20
> Renata =20

How many clients?

How many outstanding RPCs?

How many threads on the file server?

Do these processes communicate with each other to synchronize their work
and as such rely on the AFS cache coherency semantics?  If not, could
these jobs be modified to open the files in a different manner that did
not enforce those semantics?

Jeffrey Altman