[OpenAFS] Re: Linux Kernel 3.0.4 oopses with OpenAFS 1.6.0

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 26 Sep 2011 10:56:34 -0400

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:14:55 +0200
"Karl Tißner" <tissner@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not sure, if this is the right place for sending in this.

You may want to create a ticket by sending something to
openafs-bugs@openafs.org, but this isn't a *bad* place.

> insmod openafs
> Starting AFS cache scan ...
> afsd: All AFS daemons started.
> BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 00000001
> IP: [<F843FA9B>] afs_xdr_char+0x9/0x4d [openafs]
> *pde = 00000000
> Oops: 0000 [#1] SMP
> Modules linkes in: openafs(P)
> Pid: 997, comm: afsd Tainted: P ...

We need more than this; there should be a section called "call trace"
further down that would be helpful to have. There should be a bunch of
function names and hex numbers; since you're typing this manually, just
the function names are the most important part.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net