[OpenAFS] Re: Couldn't get CPS for AnyUser, will try again in 30 seconds; code=5376.

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 10:33:11 -0500

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 10:24:19 -0500
Brett Heroux <brett.j.heroux@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sun Apr  1 04:00:03 2012 File server starting
> Sun Apr  1 04:00:03 2012 afs_krb_get_lrealm failed, using devicesoft.org.
> Sun Apr  1 04:00:03 2012 VL_RegisterAddrs rpc failed; will retry
> periodically (code=5376, err=0)
> Sun Apr  1 04:00:03 2012 Couldn't get CPS for AnyUser, will try again in 30
> seconds; code=5376.

$ translate_et 5376
5376 (u).0 = no quorum elected

Your database servers claim to be out of sync. How many dbservers do you
have? Can you run 'udebug 7003 <server>' for each of them?

> I had a power outage and got a new IP address on my server, had to
> swap some NICs that were damaged, but I changed my CellServDB and
> think I am over it (I use DHCP). This used to work and I would like
> very much for it to work again.

If you changed the server-side CellServDB after the servers started, you
need to restart the server processes to pick up the changes.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net