[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.7.8 windows: no error on quota full on copy action

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Thu, 05 Apr 2012 18:12:41 -0400

--------------enig0256720024007FFD031A4C83

On 4/5/2012 9:08 AM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> As I said, the AFS redirector is reporting the over quota
> condition as part of the response to the CloseHandle() call.
> Explorer does not call FlushFile() before CloseHandle() knowing
> that CloseHandle() will flush the file to disk.
>=20
> I will think about this some more and see if I can come up
> with something.  The problem is that Windows is storing the
> data into the Windows page cache prior to the AFS redirector
> being asked to allocate space.  Once we are asked, we fail it
> but by then it is too late.

I found a bug in the code where the partition free space was
being specified instead of the available quota.  This will be
in the next release.