[OpenAFS] srpm for 1.6.1 not building in mock

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 12:09:45 -0400

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Darren Patterson
> <darren.patterson@stanford.edu> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 6, 2012, at 11:16 AM, Derrick Brashear wrote:
>>
>> I can't speak for what he's running. I'm running CentOS 6 as my host,
>> and I built the RPMs you'll find on the 1.6.1 release page.
>>

>> Are you building the kmods against the CentOS kernel or the RHEL kernel?=
>> realize they are binary compatible. =A0I'm grasping at straws at this po=
int
>> since the 1.6.0 srpm (and everything else I build) builds fine with my m=
ock
>> setup.
>
> CentOS.
>
>> What do you use for your initial bootstrap dependency RPM for making the
>> chroots?
>
> openafs-1.6.1-src was used. When I am somewhere with a better network
> i can move the repo aside and confirm it rebuilds.

It did rebuild, by the way. the VM needed to be migrated elsewhere so
it took a while to get it up again.

The only interesting thing about my CentOS 6 VM is that I had to
replace RPM with one that could build for current Fedora with the
relocatable /usr support.  (usrmove). Otherwise, it's just a CentOS 6
host with the mock user running the OpenAFS mockbuild script,
and the usual mock configuration aside from the ccache/direct baseurl
a.k.a. i chose close mirrors i mentioned before.

--=20
Derrick