[OpenAFS] Windows XP SP3 - Heimdal encryption question

Dvorkin, Asya dvorkias@umdnj.edu
Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:01:51 -0400

Thank you, both.

I found a variable for it:

KRB5_CONFIG -  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kerbero=
s\krb5.conf

Once I added/modified the file, AFS started working properly.

The only issue is that when I reboot, AFS crashes.

>From event manager:
Faulting application afsd_service.exe, version 1.7.900.0, faulting module a=
fsd_service.exe, version 1.7.900.0, fault address 0x00059718.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.co=
m/fwlink/events.asp.

>From command line:
C:\>unlog
unlog: could not discard tickets, code 11862788

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Asya

On Apr 17, 2012, at 3:55 PM, G=E9mes G=E9za wrote:

>=20
>> The ProgramData folder containing krb5.conf is (usually) a hidden folder=
.=20
>> If you did not enable the folder option to show hidden files and folders=
, it=20
>> may explain why you don't "have" it.
>>=20
>> HTH,=20
>> Arne
> Hi,
>=20
> I didn't install Heimdal on Windows XP (still using kfw there), but
> there isn't/wasn't any ProgramData folder, instead settings which go to
> ProgramData on Windows Vista/7 used to arrive in \Documents and
> Settings\All Users\Application Data (which is also a hidden folder btw.)
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Geza
>> Am 17 avr. 2012 um 20:35 schrieb "Dvorkin, Asya" <dvorkias@umdnj.edu>:
>>=20
>>> Hello,=20
>>>=20
>>> I have a question about Windows XP SP3 + Heimdel 1.5.1/OpenAFS 1.7.09/N=
etIDMgr 2.102.  =20
>>>=20
>>> C:\>kinit username@CELL.UMDNJ.EDU
>>> username@CELL.UMDNJ.EDU's Password:
>>>=20
>>> C:\>aklog -d
>>> Authenticating to cell rwjresearch.umdnj.edu.
>>> Getting v5 tickets: afs/rwjresearch.umdnj.edu@CELL.UMDNJ.EDU
>>> Getting v5 tickets: afs/rwjresearch.umdnj.edu@UMDNJ.EDU
>>> Kerberos error code returned by get_cred: -1765328234
>>> aklog: Couldn't get rwjresearch.umdnj.edu AFS tickets: encryption type =
des-cbc-crc is disabled
>>>=20
>>> There is no C:\ProgramData or C:\Windows\ProgramData directory for me t=
o modify krb5.conf file in order to add allow_weak_crypto =3D true.  I've s=
earched through the mailing list, but do not see anything.   I've modified =
C:\windows\krb5.ini, but it didn't make a difference.