[OpenAFS] Questions regarding AFS ticket lifetime

Anders Nordin anders.j.nordin@ltu.se
Fri, 20 Apr 2012 05:52:25 +0000

Ok,=20
=A0
Bear with me because I might not have formulated the questions correctly, I=
'm mostly a Windows admin and not entirely up to speed on the AFS/Kerberos =
lingo.
=A0
Environment:
=A0
Windows 7 x64 Enterprise
OpenAFS 1.7.1000 (64-bit)
Network Identity Manager 2.0.1.903
MIT Kerberos for Windows (64-bit) 3.2.2
=A0
1)
=A0
Why do=A0you need to renew the credentials manually?=A0From what I understa=
nd Network Identity Manager should handle this (until the end of the renewa=
ble lifetime ofcourse). Please see the two attached images.

http://staff.www.ltu.se/~kex/renew1.jpg
http://staff.www.ltu.se/~kex/renew2.jpg

2)

>From memory, during our Windows XP days (different OS, different OpenAFS, d=
ifferent Network Identity Manager, different MIT Kerberos for Windows), jus=
t locking and unlocking the computer refreshed the AFS ticket.=20

How has this changed for Windows 7 and our current setup, as this no longer=
 seems to be working?

MVH
=A0
Anders Nordin