[OpenAFS] Re: Kernel NULL pointer dereference

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 20 Apr 2012 18:40:31 -0500

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 18:30:58 -0500
Ken Elkabany <Ken@elkabany.com> wrote:

>> I hope 'vos changeaddr' is not something you run very often. You shoul=
>> almost never run that command.
>=20
> Not at all. We have a fileserver that has two IPs that map to=C2=A0one =
of
> its interfaces; one accessible via LAN, one accessible via WAN. We
> wanted all accesses to be done through the local IP so we used
> changeaddr.

Augh, no. This is not how you relocate/renumber/etc a fileserver. The
'vos changeaddr' command should _never_ be run (unless you run it with
the -remove switch) unless you're dealing with some uncommon old
fileservers or something like that. Please never do this again.

If you want to change the IP addresses that a fileserver advertises, you
just alter the list of IP addresses on the fileserver (either by
changing the interface lists or by modifying NetInfo/NetRestrict/etc)
and restart it. If you really want to not restart it, you can use the
'vos setaddrs' command; but that's pretty new and even then it's not
necessary to use.

--=20
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net