[OpenAFS] Re: re doing rm in /vice*

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 23 Aug 2012 13:00:41 -0500

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:14:22 -0500
rader@hep.wisc.edu wrote:

> So, I'm wondering: should I be a little more gentle?  How??

You should salvage the RW volume that the backup vol was a backup for.
Salvaging the RW will also cause all of the "clone"s of the RW to be
salvaged, which includes a backup volume, a local ro clone, etc.

Note that if a problem is found, the clone will not be fixed/salvaged,
but rather deleted, and you'll need to recreate it. Due to the possible
presence of various bugs over the years, sometimes you need to salvage
twice to get rid of all of the remnants of the volume.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net