[OpenAFS] Graphical file managers get stuck

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer@ktdreyer.com
Sun, 9 Dec 2012 16:44:18 -0700

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 3:37 PM,  <jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi> wrote:

> By "own-path" I mean local cell as opposed to foreign one.

Oh, this may not be the same issue then. On my computer I see the GUI
freezes happening for my local cell.

You can try running nautilus through strace or gdb to see what
specifically is hanging:

$ strace /usr/bin/nautilus

You probably want to ensure no other Nautilus processes are running
before you do that (ps -A | grep nautilus).

It's possible Wireshark or tcpdump might tell you more as well. I
would start by sniffing on the ports for DNS, Kerberos, and AFS:

$ tcpdump "port 53 and port 88 and portrange 7000-7005"

(or use that filter in Wireshark)

- Ken