[OpenAFS] Re: cd: user: Connection timed out

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 7 Feb 2012 17:50:26 -0600

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 18:41:32 -0500
"Dvorkin, Asya" <dvorkias@umdnj.edu> wrote:

> Seems like it's all good.  I still cannot cd into user directory as
> I'm still getting Connection timed out error message.

Run 'fs lsmount /afs/.rwjresearch.umdnj.edu/user'

does that volume exist (probably called 'user' or 'root.user' or
something like that)? If you don't have a backup volume dump of it,
you'll need to recreate it with 'vos delentry' and 'vos create' and
populate it with 'fs mkmount'. Usually there's not much actual data in
there (just directories and mountpoints), so it shouldn't be hard to do.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net