[OpenAFS] Re: cd: user: Connection timed out

Dvorkin, Asya dvorkias@umdnj.edu
Tue, 7 Feb 2012 18:41:32 -0500

Andrew,

[root@psrwjmsafs1 rwjresearch.umdnj.edu]# vos ex user.dvorkias
user.dvorkias                     536871325 RW          2 K  On-line
    psrwjmsafs1.umdnj.edu /vicepc=20
    RWrite  536871325 ROnly          0 Backup          0=20
    MaxQuota    1000000 K=20
    Creation    Tue Feb  7 18:25:22 2012
    Copy        Tue Feb  7 18:25:22 2012
    Backup      Never
    Last Update Tue Feb  7 18:25:22 2012
    0 accesses in the past day (i.e., vnode references)

    RWrite: 536871325=20
    number of sites -> 1
       server psrwjmsafs1.umdnj.edu partition /vicepc RW Site=20

[root@psrwjmsafs1 rwjresearch.umdnj.edu]# vos listvl user.dvorkias

user.dvorkias=20
    RWrite: 536871325=20
    number of sites -> 1
       server psrwjmsafs1.umdnj.edu partition /vicepc RW Site=20

Seems like it's all good.  I still cannot cd into user directory as I'm sti=
ll getting Connection timed out error message.

[root@psrwjmsafs1 .rwjresearch.umdnj.edu]# fs checkv
All volumeID/name mappings checked.
[root@psrwjmsafs1 .rwjresearch.umdnj.edu]# cd /
[root@psrwjmsafs1 /]# fs flushm /afs/.rwjresearch.umdnj.edu/user
[root@psrwjmsafs1 /]# cd /afs/.rwjresearch.umdnj.edu/user
-bash: cd: /afs/.rwjresearch.umdnj.edu/user: Connection timed out

Sorry if I am being very slow :(