[OpenAFS] OSX Lion - KAPWEXPIRED error

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer@ktdreyer.com
Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:30:02 -0700

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Maurizio Martinelli
<martinelli.maurizio@gmail.com> wrote:
> In summary,
>
> $ kinit <username>@<cell>
> $ aklog -c <cell>
>
> works, while 'aklog' gives me the error.
> Let's say that the problem is partially solved, for me the solution is
> good enough. If anybody wants to go deep in the problem, is welcome.

"kinit" gets you a Kerberos 5 ticket, and "aklog" uses your Kerberos 5
ticket to obtain an AFS token. The token is what gives you access to
AFS. At my site, we use a small shell script "aklogin" that runs both
commands together. You might ask your cell admins if they offer
something similar to their users.

"klog" is an entirely separate command for an older AFS authentication
mechanism. On the OpenAFS roadmap, klog is set to go away completely
one day.

- Ken