[OpenAFS] Re: problem with dbservers running under bosserver

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:49:53 -0600

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 17:30:30 -0500
Kevin Coffman <kwc@citi.umich.edu> wrote:

> 1) When I try and run any ubik servers under the bosserver, they fail
> to start with
>
> vlserver: Ubik init failed: file not found when processing dbase
> ptserver: file not found when processing dbase Ubik init failed
>
> However, if I run the vlserver or ptserver directly from the command
> line, they appear to run fine and communicate with the 1.4 machine.

Well it's easy enough to see what they're failing on if you run them
under strace. mv vlserver to vlserver.real, and make vlserver just
something like (make sure to 'chmod a+x' it):

#!/bin/sh
strace -f -o /tmp/whatever$$.dmp -- /usr/afs/bin/vlserver.real "$@"

> 2) The bosserver appears to read /usr/afs/local/BosConfig, but does
> not (will not) write it.  I've verified that it will bail out if there
> is an error in the BosConfig file.  However, if I try to do any
> commands that should alter it, they either fail, or skip the writing
> part..

Try strace'ing bosserver when you do this?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net