[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS 1.6.0 with Microsoft Active Directory 2008 - Questions about DES

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Thu, 05 Jan 2012 13:27:31 -0600

Another tool that could help is Wireshark to get network traces.
It does a very nice job of formatting the Kerberos packets, and can
show problems with KDC, principal, enc-type, kvno and cross realm issues.

One other long shot to look at, is the realm of the AFS server.

Jeff Altman said in 2007:
   > Where you will experience great pain is if the realm derived
   > from the name of the db servers does not match the authentication
   > realm of the cell.   The heuristic used by aklog to obtain the
   > correct service ticket is to perform a domain to realm mapping
   > on the hostname of the first db server.  This is either derived
   > from the hostname itself or by looking at the domain_realm
   > section of the local machine's krb5.conf file.

So it could be looking for CSSD.PITT.EDU

On 1/5/2012 12:14 PM, Jeff White wrote:
> On 01/05/2012 12:02 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
>> On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 11:31:01 -0500
>> Jeff White<jaw171@pitt.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> 1. He created an AD domain called ad.dementia.org.
>>> 2. He created a user with a logon name of 'afs-adtest'.
>>> 3. He exported the keytab with: ktpass -princ