[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS 1.6.0 with Microsoft Active Directory 2008 - Questions about DES

Jeff White jaw171@pitt.edu
Mon, 09 Jan 2012 17:13:57 -0500

 From some information Douglas Engert sent off-list...

The attribute msDS-SupportedEncryptionTypes was not set on the account
but even if I set it to allow DES I still got the same error.  The
userAccountControl was already set to be DES only.  So that's another
possible problem proven to not be the issue.

Other possibly useful pieces of information:

sAMAccountName: afs
userPrincipalName: afs/pitt.edu@PITT.EDU
servicePrincipalName: afs/pitt.edu
msDS-SupportedEncryptionTypes: 0

Jeff White - Linux/Unix Systems Engineer
University of Pittsburgh - CSSD