[OpenAFS] Re: VolScan

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:08:57 -0500

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:52:59 -0500
Billy Beaudoin <wrbeaudo@ncsu.edu> wrote:

> There was a presentation last year about the VolScan patch for AFS
> servers.  I'm having issues figuring out where the code went. Can
> someone point me in the correct direction?

It's in the tree on the master branch. However, using it is probably a
bit confusing at the moment, since you don't get a new binary called
'volscan'. Instead, the 'volinfo' command was changed so that it behaves
differently if you invoke it as 'volscan'. We don't add any symlinks or
whatever for you, though, so it's non-obvious that it even exists. It's
being worked on.

Some patches also exist in some form for 1.4 and 1.6, I'm pretty sure.
Just ask if you want them.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net