[OpenAFS] Windows client interaction with Sophos Antivir

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Fri, 20 Jan 2012 01:32:07 -0500

--------------enig5AD3388B3E92FE7605DF6B6D

On 1/20/2012 1:18 AM, Christof Hanke wrote:
> ok. What do you think is the best way to proceed?
> Me trying to attach a kernel-debugger (nerver done that).
> or you trying to test Sophos ?

Unless you are a windows kernel expert attempting the kernel debug is
going to be a waste of time.

> I guess the latter will be far more efficient.

Nothing is going to be efficient.  This is going to be a very labor
intensive process.

> I can check here if we can either give you a copy of the sophos (i doub=
> that) or access to a machine where it is installed. (more likely)

Remote kernel debugging is not fun.

You can file a bug report at openafs-bugs@openafs.org but I can
tell you with a fair degree of certainty that unless funding is
provided that it will be quite a while before I am able to take
a look at it.  I have negative time these days.  The fact that it
is 1:30am in my time zone and I'm still working is not an indication
that I have spare time on my hands.

Jeffrey Altman