[OpenAFS] Timeouts and odd behavior with 1.6.0 file servers

Stephen Roseman sgr0@Lehigh.EDU
Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:17:13 -0500

On 1/25/2012 5:22 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Don't use the 1.6.0 file server. It has a data corruption problem when
> you have an inode clone (such as a backup volume or a migration clone)
> and directories are moved with mv. These are fixed in 1.6.1pre1 and in
> the Debian 1.6.0-3 packages. This may be what you're running into.

     I have some 1.6.0 fileservers and now I'm scared...

     1) Is something "newer" going to be released "soon"?  Or should I
use 1.6.1pre1?
     2) Should I replace only fileserver, fileserver & salvage*, or the
entire server directory?

Thanks,
Steve

--