[OpenAFS] Re: Heimdal & OpenAFS 1.7.4: Difficult user experience

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:56:43 -0600

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:26:28 -0600
John Tang Boyland <boyland@pabst.cs.uwm.edu> wrote:

> (3) If we're stuck with (1) and can't do (2), would anyone like me to
>     write up the installation sequence required on the Wiki?  And maybe
>     the download page could point to it so poor lusers could find it?
>     And maybe for MacOSX too, with also requires
>     a manual fiddling with /etc/krb5.conf after installation.

I don't know the details of the Windows situation, but much of the web
site is alterable by anyone, if your desire to change it is strong
enough to deal with git and gerrit. The general process is here:
<http://wiki.openafs.org/AFSLore/GitDevelopers/> if you replace
openafs.git with openafs-web.git.

> (4) Is there a plan to finally wean AFS servers off des-cbc-crc ?

Yes. This is what "rxgk" is for, and the current idea is to do that for
2.0.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net