[OpenAFS] Re: Heimdal & OpenAFS 1.7.4: Difficult user experience

John Tang Boyland boyland@uwm.edu
Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:04:15 -0600

Dear OpenAFS community,

   OK.  I understand that Heimdal doesn't want to make
"allow_weak_crypto = true" be the default.  And that due to
the work of dedicated volunteers, later versions of OpenAFS 1.7.X
won't require it, but for now since this will affect EVERYONE
who installs the recommended versions of OpenAFS/Heimdal/NIM,
I request that the download page for OpenAFS 1.7.X include
a line that at the very least alludes to the fact that
one must add "allow_weak_crypto = true"
to the "[libdefaults]" section of "krb5.conf"
in "C:\ProgramData\Kerberos\".

   In the meantime, I will see whether I can usefully edit the
Wiki pages that Jeffrey Altman pointed to.

Best regards,
John